1.2 – What Advantage does IWDR provide?
In the past, the ability to use Estimated Breeding Values was available only for larger guide dog schools such as The Seeing Eye and Guiding Eyes for the Blind. By combining data using common measures from organizations of any size, EBVs will include data on all relatives thereby making these tools available to any organization. IWDR can be used by working dog organizations and any group of breeders who wish to combine their data and function as a data cooperative which can include breed clubs. The privacy of all individual’s data will be carefully maintained. What sets IWDR apart from the many cloud based registries and pedigree databases are that IWDR:
- Immediately connects the user to a well-organized relationship database living in the “cloud”.
- Uses standardized coding lists to capture health and behavior measurement, regardless of what language is commonly spoken in any given organization
- Allows small organizations to be able to use Estimated Breeding Values
- Allows larger organizations to identify superior outside dogs for genetic diversity using EBVs and a selection inde
- IWDR is owned by the non-profit IWDBA. It is organized to be present for many decades into the future.